• Biographical details
• Collaborative experience
As Vice President of Science & Research at Tripos, Bob was
responsible for generating intellectual property. He was also,
however, charged with keeping track of the company's overall portfolio
and worked closely with Tripos' patent attorney and business
development staff to determine where and when it made sense to pursue
patent protection. This dove-tailed nicely with his patent
experience at Monsanto.
Patents & Disclosures
Bob's patented inventions include:
- R.D. Clark, A. Strizhev & E. Abrahamian (2007).
computer-implemented method for aligning flexible molecules by
performing ensemble alignment in the internal coordinate space followed
by rigid body alignment in Cartesian space. US Patent Application
- E. Abrahamian, R.D. Clark, P. Fox & E. Metwally (2007
for characterizing and analyzing 3-D shapes of molecules utilizing
steric multiplets. US Patents 7,212,951 and 7,580,799 B2).
- R.D. Cramer & R.D. Clark (2007). Computer-implemented
of generating and characterizing representative three dimensional
conformations of reactant molecules. US Patent No. 7,184,893.
- R.D. Clark (2003). An optimal dissimilarity method
choosing distinctive items of information from a large body of
information. US Patent No. 6,535,819.
- D.E. Patterson, R.D. Cramer, R.D. Clark & A.M. Ferguson
(2001). A method for selecting an optimally diverse library of
small molecules based on validated molecular structural
US Patent No. 6,185,506.
- R.D. Clark, D.P. Phillion & W.P. Clinton (1993). o-Aminobenzanilides and
their uses as wheat fungicides. D
- A.E. Otal, R.D. Clark & J.I. McLoughlin (1993).
Synergistic interaction of piperonyl butoxide with carboxanilides and
other wheat fungicides. D 41-21-3249.
- R.D. Clark & K. Moedritzer (1990). Substituted
3-(4-trifluoromethylphenoxy)-pyrazoles and their use as herbicides. D
- K. Moedritzer, M.D. Rogers, R.D. Clark & B.J. Gaede
(1990). Optical isomers of pyrazole phenyl ethers having enhanced
herbicidal properties. D 09-21-2998.
- R.D. Clark, B.J. Gaede & K. Moedritzer (1990).
ureas useful as herbicides. D 09-21-2984.